Summer Flashback

Sunday, September 9, 2012
On my way home from our family vacation in Michigan I took time to write out a bunch of things that I did over the summer. It is for real just a list. Pretty much strictly for memory purposes.

So here it is: Summer 2012 everyone!


  • At the start of the summer I cleaned my room/ closet so that I could fit all my college stuff back into that space
  • Grant graduated college so we went down to EIU to celebrate that.   
  • Ayla hosted a 31 bag party
  • My friend Nathan came to visit for memorial day weekend.
  • I did an internship- I was paid, and got college credit and lots of experience.
    • It included but was not limited to: planning and facilitating college ministries, designing and mailing postcards, designing and implementing a mural on the south side of Chicago (Roseland), attending middle school sunday school and TREK.
  • I meet weekly with a group of peers to study the bible and hold each other accountable (PUREL). 
  • My mom and I read the book Cold Tangerines and discussed it.
  • I took fine arts online- and along with that it included a trip to the Chicago art institute
  • I went Kayaking in the Fox River with my friend Claire.
  • I went to Mongolian BBQ with friends a few times on Monday nights for college night.
  • I had the chance to visit my dear friend Jordan at her lake house. It was such a blessing to catch up with her. 
  • I was in Roseland, a neighborhood on the south side, for a missions trip with students in 9th and 10th grade. 
    • I ended up getting heat exhaustion and throwing up all night and having to go home early.
  • I went Kayaking downtown Chicago with my family for fathers day.
  • I attended the wedding of Travis and Christina Meeks. 
  • We (PUREL) went to Willow Creek to hear Tony Campolo speak. 
  • I met up with Emily to have dinner and frozen yogurt and great talks. 
  • I spent the 4th of July playing the American Girl game with Kelsey and Claire and went to Mr. LeVan's for fireworks.
  • We went to Feed My Starving Children as a college group.
  • I did a tour of Indiana- Surprise visited Katie and Grant (via planning with Nick). I also went to an Indiana wedding reception for my cousin Annette.
  • Emily came to my house for a sleep over. 
  • Lead222 Week happend and was intense. In the middle of the week I got to attend a cougars game for free (props to Jordan Coffey). 
  • I went to the midnight showing of Dark Knight Rises..I still hate midnight showings.
  • I helped lead a group of 5th grade girls during Summer Impact (VBS-like)
  • I donated the plasma from my blood and ended up passing out for the first time in my life... find that story here
  • Our family hosted a family camp reunion party. 
  • I watched all 3 Bourne movies in 3 days...and saw the 4th.
  • I taught on the book of Habakkuk to middle schoolers and in TREK. 
  • My family rented a house in Michigan for a week. 

This summer would not have been complete without a host of coffee dates with the following:
   Alli Crawford, Dana Taylor, Susy, Claire, Allie Thomas and Emily to plan bible study, maybe a few I am missing :(

I also shared my fair share of meals with some great people: 
I took the Chinnault girls for ice cream,  shared a few meals with Elizabeth Dannan,  had ice cream with girls from the Roseland trip. Ate with Allie Thomas. Experienced bien trucha (and had a coming of age moment), a few lunches with Jordan Coffey. Lunch with Jordan and Katie Mcnutt. A meal with Michael Olsen and Katrina. One day Alexandra brought lunch to me. I went to dinner at the end of the summer with the lady lead hosts. I also had a few meals with PUREL and Tom etc. 


I guess I did some stuff. 

It was great. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment