Peace

Sunday, December 25, 2011
I took a break from blogging. And that's fine...because I blog for me.. not you, or you, or you. It's really a very selfish activity. I guess with the final push of the semester and tons of events to attend I got wrapped up in other things. Which is great. Busy livin. Less bloggin. I am not really sure what all I want to include in this blog because there is far too much that has happened to recap it all. So I might not. I'll include a few pictures. Finals went well, all the Christmas activities were great, hanging out with my staff was magical as always. Now I am home. It has really been restful already. After the first Christmas break and Summer... a lot of friendships change...and now a few more are even changing. But it is ok. As my roots grow deeper with friends at IWU ones from home look a little different. Which I don't think is totally bad. Probably healthy.

This Christmas season I have been focusing on how Jesus is our Prince of Peace. I have tried to maintain peace in this season where our society tells us to run around like crazy, spend tons of money, push and shove. I'll be honest. I have definitely slipped up and peace has been on the back burner at times. I'm trying to rest and be at peace in this place and in this time. God gives us a peace that surpass all understanding if we let Him.

I am excited that this year Christmas falls on a Sunday. Katie and I both wish Christmas fell on a Sunday every year. I don't want to sound judgmental or condescending...but the answer "no, we are just staying home as a family" in response to the question "are you going to church on Christmas?" It bothers me. I think it probably bothers me because more and more I've realized how easy it can be for us to put "family first". It seems like such a harmless thing...but it's really still and idol. It's putting something that is not God...before God. I just think about John 3:16...so cliche..but so intense. I also think that it will be so fun to rejoice as a community of believers tomorrow. Celebrating our blessings and the birth of our Lord and Savior. Jesus really is the reason for the season right?? haha it's not just a catchy saying. Ok, thats my rant about that. (ps blogs are a perfectly ok place to rant about things like that)

Tomorrow Alex, Ayla, and Austin join us. It will be great to have a full house.


Here is Lindsay cleaning the lobby before we RA's went home for break!

Macy's downtown. If this doesn't scream consumerism...I don't know what does.
My wonderful Dad, who is also a grandpa, working like an elf on fixing up a wooden rocking horse. 

Mom and I waiting for Christmas Eve dinner at Niko's.

1 comments:

  1. oh my word. i love that picture of your dad. i wish he were making shoes like this elf book i used to read as a kid... Don't ask me the name of the book, i rarely read as a kid.

Post a Comment