A Year At a Glance

Saturday, December 31, 2011
2011. It is over. It's been real. It's been surreal at times. But now it is coming to an end. As I reflect...which d303 taught me to do so well, so many different things come to my mind. However there are a few big things that stand out the most.
1. "In the business of life, God calls us to still waters, to quiet resting places, and to the all-embracing comfort of His love." Roy Lessin
         Life is crazy. It always will be. As humans we find ways to make things busy. I think its a weird condition. Yet still God calls us to be still. I have been so blessed by the times this year that I have listened and answered that call.
2. Abide.
         God calls us to abide in Him. In His perfect love, in His comfort, in His peace, in His plan, in His timing. This word has been a verb that I have been striving towards. I don't always do it but I am working. God is working. 
3. Where there is a need you meet it with Christs love.
         This summer I realized how true it is that it is not just the sick and widowed in Africa and India that need us to be Jesus' hands and feet. There are people we interact with everyday that need that from us. It doesn't matter if the person who is a millionaire or has a dollar to their name. They need Jesus just as much as I do. From what I've seen a lot of times I think its the millionaire that is almost more forgotten. We all need mercy, and grace, and love from our Father.
Micah 6:8 "And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
4. His ways are so much higher than ours.
          It is embarrassing how much I think I have control of my life. It is crazy how much I think that I know what is best for me. I know what is going to help me and be the best option. Really...I have no idea. My small mind has no clue what is best compared to what God knows.This video talks about it a bit (feel free to skip to 3min in)

5. He shows up when you ask.
        This semester more than ever I have asked God to show up. Not in a "Hey God....I'm gonna be here....if you want to come too you can." but in a "God I can not do this without you....show up, I need you." kind of way. and He has with out fail and without delay.

God is so faithful. I feel like I say that all the time in my blog...but it is just what I think as I reflect. As we enter the new year.. know that He goes before us. He will never fail us. I am thankful. I am blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment