SL2012 (Lead Week)

Monday, July 16, 2012
This past week has been a crazy one. I was the "assistant event director" (which is a title I got to make me feel better about all the work I was putting in).  You can read about what Lead is and how I experienced it last year read here. This year was different in a lot of ways. I was involved in a lot more prep work this year because of my internship. This year there were two host churches. So the evening sessions were at a different church and a bunch of the students slept there. It worked out better than I thought but I still was not a huge fan of not all being together all the time. I was so blessed again in the relationships that were deepened by this week. I had the female hosts stay at my house a few nights of the week and I seriously love those girls and could not have picked ones that were better for the job!

The week was filled with a lot of highs and lows. Some crazy awesome laugh attacks: "could you just play and not sing", "the rooster will crow 3 times", puppies in a basket, Would you be into this? (as I hold up temporary tattoos), "bruce..maybe that was you". These things probably mean nothing to most of you but it is just a reminder for my own sake.

I was so thankful for the opportunity to return to Riverwoods and serve that ministry again. I am a big fan of partnerships. We had a decent break from the heat last week as well which was such a blessing.

It was interesting living out a week called a "Servant Leadership Experience" after my class Servant Leadership this past semester. It was a clear opportunity to put some of the things I learned into play.

Here are some pictures of the week:

Jordan lovin on some refugee kids. 
Some Grand 305 men 
A great reminder
Kelsey turned old. (18) I am soooo blessed by her friendship and really could not picture this summer without her. 
Celebrated 7/11 with Free Slurpee's and a free Cougars game
Where Jordan got 1 foul ball and another one from Jorge. - Hip Hip Jorge
So thankful that Tom shares his awesome friends with me. Loved getting to know and serve with Sam.



*Side note: The Saturday night before Lead week started on Sunday I had a wonderful visit from Emily. I am so blessed by her friendship and her love. I love spending whatever time with her that I can. It is so crazy to go from living together everyday to only seeing each other sometimes. It was fun to share this side of my life with her. I am so thankful for that time. We also skyped Mary, and Silver. Sooooo awesome! :) Thats how memories are made. and "It's always a good time...we don't even have to try"






2 comments:

  1. Dana Taylor said...:

    HI! I like your cool blog. It's very happy, which is an ideal thing for a blog to be! Mine's at danagoestofrance.blogspot.com and I promise it will be more interesting after September 5 (which is the day I leave).

  1. Kimberly said...:

    i was just thinking that it had been awhile since you wrote a blog. you must have read my mind.

Post a Comment