I can brag on my own blog

Monday, July 2, 2012
In the past few days I have had some pretty sweet Jesus time. In our college group we were talking about things that stir our affections for Jesus. What are those things? How we should keep track of those things and how we should do those things. One of those things for me is refelcting and re-reading old journal entries/prayers. I was literally in tears at one point because it was so crazy clear how God had worked a situation perfectly together and I had not even realized it until re-reading those thoughts and prayers. So I encourage anyone who reads this to take time to make a list of the things that stir their affections for Jesus and DO those things! I mean why not?
This Sunday my awesome friend Kelsey from IWU came to visit! She lives about 30 minutes away and came to praise Jesus with me on Sunday morning. She even tagged along and went to hang out with the high schoolers at TREK after! Such a champ! It was seriously so great being able to see her! It filled a little bit of that "IWU homesick" feeling. 
Our high school ministry sends out 3 mission trips each summer. They are all back now and this Sunday we talked about processing those experiences. I am all about processing (I think most people who blog are).Anyways I loved it and love hearing what students learned and what God is teaching them through those experiences. Little do they know big of a part those trips will play in their life story! It is just awesome! The picture below is a list of things that students said they wanted to do or how they wanted to live now after their trip.

This past weekend was also the wedding of now Christina and Travis Meeks! Mom was in Florida at my cousins wedding so it was just me, dad, Grant, Alex and Ayla. We had a great time sitting with Todd and Andi and getting all caught up with them!
It was crazy hot so I wanted to wear my hair up. I did a little pinteresting and was inspired by a few hairstyles and so I went to work. I was thrilled with the result. I am not going to hide it. I don't really think I could do it again. But It was awesome for that day. I liked my hair more that day than I did for almost any high school dance when I had my hair done. I decided that I can brag on my own blog a little bit. It is definitely something that I want to remember...so here it is!
Here is the sweet couple! 

1 comments:

  1. Kimberly said...:

    model hair right there.

Post a Comment