In 5 years?

Sunday, June 24, 2012
Yesterday I had the opportunity to have breakfast with my mom and a sweet friend, Ashley. She lives in Iowa now and I do not get to see her nearly enough. We laughed, we cried, it was good.

That evening I got to meet up with Emily! Praise the Lord! For once in our summer it seemed like it was going to work to see each other. And it did! We went out to Joy Yee Noodles and then walked around downtown Naperville. It is adorable. So many people were out and about. Emily and I had no idea where to start in our conversation since we went to living together to not seeing each other for 2 months. She went out of the country..and has been working like the crazy dedicated hard-core woman that she is etc. There was just a lot to cover! It was such a blessing to be with her. She was such a sweet remind of IWU.
We took so many pictures like this it may have gotten a bit embarrassing. I'm fine with it though. We also went to Red Mango and had some frozen yogurt. :)
I think in 5 years. Yes 5. Emily and I will look back on that night and the conversations we had and we will laugh because our predictions were either correct or are going to be so crazy wrong it will be hilarious. Only time will tell. Emily this note is to remind us that we were sitting outside Egg Harbor in Naperville talking future talk. Remember to come back to this post in 5 years. hahaha

On a different note. Today my main intern-man Tom rocked it in TREK. We watched the slideshow from Roseland. Then a few people shared their thoughts from the trip. My main two talking points were 1. The odds were not in my favor. 2. I am not an artist.  It was incredible to see how God taught me through those little trials. How he spoke to me in a small voice and told me to just relax and consider it pure joy. I also was tested in my faith when I had to design a mural. Yet God provided the people and the weather and the situations to make it possible. So awesome. Tom taught on Joel and it was just crazy how evident it was that God was speaking though Tom. If Tom read my blog he would probably kill me for writing this/and posting a picture. haha thats what you get.
 



3 comments:

  1. That is a reallyyyyyyy great mug shot. The mug is great. I could probably over emphasize that... But not by much.

    I'm glad your summer is going well. :) How fun that you got to see Emily!

  1. joy yee noodles!!! i love that place! i've only been once, but they're red curry was amaaaazing!

  1. Emily Larson said...:

    we will go back to that place in five years. mark my words.

Post a Comment