Time to get out and away

Saturday, September 17, 2011
All week I was craving a nice little hike. I wanted to be outside. I wanted to breathe fresh air. I wanted to see lots of trees. I wanted to be off campus. I wanted to be in God's beautiful creation. So I planned that Saturday morning I would go to a state park 30 min away and hike a little-with someone or without. I just needed to go. I ended up bringing a friend who also has a great love for being outside. It was great out. A little chilly but it was nice. It felt like fall. We found a great trail that I would love to go back to and run sometime. We hiked for about an hour and a half and headed back to campus.


I then went to a picnic...followed by puppy play day (they bring in puppies from the humane society for us to play with). Then got McConn and did homework on the North Hall porch.


It was a pretty great morning. I then was asked to go out to dinner with the Ray family! I love the Rays..and what college student would turn down a free dinner? Not this one!

Friday night was pretty epic as well. I went to dinner at Casa Brava with friends. That night was all campus capture the flag. So for sure I played. They were trying to break a world record but we were 1,000 people short. Bummer. I think around 300 people played which is still great. I was super intense into it...like I am with most things.

And people say there is nothing to do! They just dont try. They will probably be "bored" the rest of their lives.

1 comments:

  1. invite me when you go back to run that trail! i love trail runs!!

Post a Comment