Paige's Personal Retreat

Sunday, February 12, 2012
I went on a retreat. Definition? Retreat: An act of moving back or withdrawing. That is what I did. I moved back home for the weekend. I withdrew from college life for a few hours. I turned off my phone. I didn't open my computer. I did not check my e-mail. I did not go on facebook. I withdrew and I got quiet. It was exactly what I needed. It is so vital to be able to understand yourself enough to know when you need to take a step back and when you need to retreat.

Side note story: My Dad had just gotten back from a conference for work in California on one of the handouts there was a type that said "Report and Spa". It gave us a good laugh. Clearly it was a resort and spa. I then titled my weekend a report and spa.



I literally reported to my family everything that has happened this semester. I wore my big fuzzy bathrobe around over my sweats and I was a happy woman. My mom was so thoughtful and asked me what I visioned for the weekend and bought lots of fruit, and salmon. I took a bath. I collapsed on the couches. I talked. They listened. They talked some which was very helpful. We laughed. I needed that.

My Mom went with me to my favorite coffee shop. We had afternoon coffee, read some great books, and had deep conversation. I am so blessed to have such a giving mother who is such a godly woman and is so filled with experiences and wise words.



Saturday night we celebrated Valentines day. We were given our gift baskets from the college mom's group that spoils us so well. Candy, food, post-its, Starbucks etc. My Dad got me a wonderful journal that made me cry. I love it! I am so thankful for all the love in my family and from others who pray for me.

In this picture you can see the arm of my fuzzy, fat, bathrobe, the wonderful fruit, my sweet journal, and the gift basket. Such a great weekend. It was a beautiful time to be "un-plugged" to rest and to retreat.

1 comments:

  1. Kimberly said...:

    i need a report and spa please. this looks so good.

Post a Comment