Shamrock

Thursday, February 16, 2012
Today is the day. The day of the letters, and the day of the shamrock shakes. Letters offering RA positions came out today. Last year Kim and I started the tradition of going out for shamrock shakes. We continued that today. It was beautiful.


This morning I went to class at 7:50. Then promptly turned my phone off. I knew that I would be getting text messages saying that the letters were out and I would not be able to get to mine until almost 11. When class was finally over I went to my mail box...got my letter...and went to the chapel to open it. I want to be alone and in a quiet place where I could talk to God no matter what the letter said. I opened it up and I was offered the position that I currently hold. RA of North Hall E1E. I am so humbled and so grateful. I am so excited to be able to work alongside Emily again and to serve in this great hall.

I took time this afternoon to just rest and to quiet my heart and mind. It was beautiful and God really spoke to me in that time of stillness. He reassured me to trust in His answers and in His plans. Next year will surely bring new challenges and probably some of the same challenges but as long as I stay in a place  that I am willing to be a servant to glorify Him it will be wonderful. God is so faithful.

1 comments:

  1. Kimberly said...:

    i love when we link to each other's blog. makes me feel cool. love you!

Post a Comment