My Running Love Life

Wednesday, December 8, 2010
I use to HATE running! Like H-A-T-E. I avoided it whenever possible. I would occasionally run at xsport (my gym at home) just so I didn't gain 100 lbs, and to run off steam from high school days. This running would take place on a treadmill and rarely go over one mile at a time. I felt safe running on a treadmill because I knew I would never get too far and not be able to get back. That's why I chose to not run outdoors. I was scared that I would run a mile away from my house and have to walk the whole mile back!
Then this summer I decided I was going to start running and I was going to like it! So, I got a new pair of running shoes.

I also invested in Nike+ which would tell me how far and how fast I was running. It finally worked! I was starting to enjoy running! I would run outside in the morning or evening and it was beautiful. I would run with our foster dog wally, or with a friend who faithfully met me every Tuesday and Thursday morning to run.
I continued to run on our vacation to Colorado and figured the altitude would make it easier once I returned home. I may have rewarded myself for those vacation runs that happened to start and end at Starbucks! Since then I have ran two races, one 5k and one 4m. As the weather has gotten a lot colder I have resorted back indoors for a little while. We have a treadmill in a workout room on my floor but it gets SUPER boring! I'm looking forward to going home for break to get my new wind breaker and heading back outside for runs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment