Candle Making!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010
I love random projects. I get my mind set on something and I'm hooked. There is no turning back. This vacation I got my mind set on candle making. But, these were no ordinary candles. I wanted to make wax tarts. We have a no flame candle melter and we were all out of wax tarts to melt, so with a green state of mind I thought that we could melt old candles and make more tarts and give them as gifts to our relatives who have the same candle melter.

First we found old, nasty candles that we no longer had any use for.
 Then we melted them, fished for the wicks, added the scents, and poured them into molds (we used cupcake tins). We grouped the old candles by color so that we wouldn't have to use any other color.

It was the perfect project for a snowy Christmas Eve!

0 comments:

Post a Comment