1st week of 2nd semester= done!

Friday, January 14, 2011
No one ever told me what a wonderful feeling it is to come back to college as a second semester freshmen! I may still technically be a freshmen but in the previous semester I figured out so much! When you come back second semester you don't have to try and make friends. Your friends are pretty well established, you know that there will be people to eat with, you know who you hang out with on weekends and evenings etc. Its beautiful. You totally understand the layout of campus. So even though you may have classes in different buildings you know where they are. You understand second semester what syllabus shock is and how to deal with it I have found myself saying in my head...and out loud "its not all due on the same day (or tomorrow), and I will learn the things I need to learn before that assignment is due".

Now that I have officially met in each of my classes twice I thought it would be fun to document my thoughts. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, I start my morning with Intro to Public Relations. I just last semester changed my major to Public Relations so this class should give me a really good feel for it and if it is for me. It definitely seems like it'll be challenging but it seems like it will be the type of work I enjoy. I then go to Intro to Life Calling. I think this class will be really relaxed and full of warm fuzzy feelings as we talk about Gods plans for our lives. I am planning on having a leadership minor so this class will help towards that! On Tuesday and Thursday I start my morning with World Civ. This is a humanities core class (I have to take it to graduate). I'm really not looking forward to it but a girl who is on my Malawi team is in it so that helps! After that I have Speech. I am a weirdo who does not mind public speaking. The professor seems like she is going to be a lot of fun and really wants us to feel comfortable as we gain more public speaking skills. Then I go to Old Testament with Wilbur Williams. He is awesome!!!!!! I have been really looking forward to taking his class.

Last night I went to a North Hall/South Hall info meeting for the Hodson Half Marathon! I think I'm gonna do it! It'll take lots of intense training but I'm excited. It has been an amazing blessing each day going to my mailbox. I have started getting support letters for the Malawi trip back! Generosity always amazes me. God is so good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment