"I have a nephew...he's new"

Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Welcome to the world Austin James Oler!!!! He is a healthy little baby boy and I think he's pretty darn cute! I was thinking today about how when you announce a baby has been born our society tends to follow with the weight and length. I have no idea why....are you seeing if its abnormally large? are we trying to tell something about the kids future? does someone want to know if their baby could fight the new baby? It just doesn't make sense to me. So....I have decided I won't post those details in my blog. All that needs to be known is he is healthy, and he has squishy ears which are my favorite. I am a very proud Aunt. As soon as I got the picture of Austin I made it the background of my cell phone, that way it would be easier to show everyone! I wish I could meet him soon but I think the soonest I would be able to is Spring Break which is the beginning of March.

Tonight my dorm had art night. I was inspired by a girl who was making something for her niece that I would make something for Austin! I made a little note thing out of paper and fabric. I figured it would be cool once he got older to read a note from his Aunt that she wrote the night he was born!

If your reading this and haven't seen a picture of him yet your probably wanting to so I will supply that now.

4 comments:

  1. Sara said...:

    Congratulations! He's darling. If I may defend our cultural habit of sharing weight and length, I think it's just to give us something else to exclaim over. If you say, "Nine pounds, three ounces." The excited reply is, "Oooo, what a big boy!" If you say, "Five pounds, 11 ounces." One might squeal, "Oh, what a little peanut!" I think it just gives us more to talk about. Surrender to it Paige! Tell us the vital stats!

  1. Paige O said...:

    Hahaha he was 7.54 and 19 inches :)

  1. 19 inches!
    Ooooo, what a big boy!

  1. ps- I was excited to witness you writing your card Wednesday.
    pss-i fed the fish today, don't worry.

Post a Comment