Reoccurring Theme

Monday, January 31, 2011
Do you ever have those times where everywhere you turn the same verse from the bible or same message concept keeps reoccurring? I do. I also don't think that its coincidence.

I've been reading a chapter in Psalm and a chapter in Proverbs every morning. It was the day I was reading Psalm 19 and nothing struck me in particular so instead of pulling out a verse that impacted me I just recoded that I read it. I went home this weekend and Saturday night we were going to go to Willow Creek, a mega church near by, but the time didn't work out. Instead we decided to go to a smaller mega church closer to home. The message was about how the Bible reveals many things to us. The first point was that it reveals God's character. The passage to reference was none other than Psalm 19. Then Sunday morning rolled around and we attended our home church. The message was talking about The Voice of God and The Language of Truth. What passage did we read out loud? Psalm 19. This chapter reveals how we can get to know God better by the silent words from Him, the written words, and the redeeming words. I was pretty sure today's chapel would be about Psalm 19 but it wasn't. Hopefully I learned my lesson. If your reading this I encourage you to go take a few minutes and read Psalm 19 its a lot better than I originally thought. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment