Snow Day Shadows Groundhog's Day

Wednesday, February 2, 2011
It just would not be right if I let this day pass without blogging about it. We all knew there was going to be a storm. There was a lot of hype. I grew up in a school district that somehow managed to rarely have snow days. I ended up going to a college that hasn't had a snow day in 5 years. The odds were stacked against me. I've been trained from a young age to not get my hopes up. I was getting word of all the closings of other schools but no word from IWU. Finally the news came in a way that seemed like a rumor. Again, I didn't want to get my hopes. Eventually, I heard it from enough sources that I could go to sleep knowing I didn't have class the next day. I set my alarm for 9:30, you might be thinking "why set an alarm at all?" well... I have had too many snow day experiences where I have slept the majority of the day and it all goes by too quickly.

This is a picture out of the garage at home. I thought it was pretty impressive.


Another thing that I think is silly is how this storm really shadowed over groundhogs day. If you didn't realize it TODAY is groundhogs day! Maybe its because some areas got 2 feet of snow so they realize winter is not over? I'm not sure but I think its interesting for sure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment