Shamrock Shake Therepy and Celebration

Saturday, February 26, 2011
Yesterday was an exciting day. Yesterday was also a little bittersweet. On my way to my 8:55 class I checked my mail because it was the day we would get our letters saying if we got an RA position or not. I had a letter in my mailbox but I wasn't sure if it was THE letter or not...so I opened it and I saw the word congratulations so I opened it even more. I found out that I was going to be the RA of North Hall East 1 East! I was soooooo excited. My friend Erin was there to share the joy with me and then followed by my friend Trisha who got a job in Shatford! It was exciting.

I payed absolutely not attention in my class after that (sorry Dr. Ferg). Then headed to my 10 o'clock class. When I got there the door wasn't unlocked so another girl checked her email and found out it was canceled because of the snow (God thing). So we decided to go to 10 o' clock chapel (God thing). We walk in late and don't wanna crawl over people so we sit in the back (God thing). I get a text from my RA saying to read Emily Larson's blog. I see that Emily Larson is in front of me also telling me to read her blog. I open my laptop in chapel which I have never done before. I pull up Emily's blog and see THIS! (you should probably follow her blog too). Emily who is the future ARD of North Hall is going to be my roommate (God thing)!!! When people would ask me if I were to get a job in North who would I want to room with (all RA's in North Hall live with other staff members), I said "I think it would be awesome to live with Emily". And NOW that too was going to happen. Emily and I have a funny relationship, we are both very open, we are both from Chicago area, and hate the florescent lights in the dorm rooms. Lets just say I'm excited for next year.

My dear sweet friend Kim did not get an RA position and earlier in the week had her laptop stolen. So it was not the best week ever. I saw her in McConn and wanted to say all the cheesy positive and encouraging things but that's just not Kim's style. So I sulked with her and asked her if she had every had a shamrock shake. She said no. I don't understand what it is but shamrock shakes must have been way better advertised in the 630 because NO ONE knows about them here. We decided it was time for a little trip to McDonald's for some shamrock therapy.


Kim was a big fan. The rest of the day continued with drinks at McConn before JK, and a sleepover to follow. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment