Grant

Wednesday, February 9, 2011
I got an encouraging text message from my brother Grant yesterday. He said that he had finally been reading my blog instead of doing school work (its about time), and that he was really enjoying it and that I should keep writing. What a great brother? Alex and Ayla are already great supporters but I've already had a few posts about them and little baby Austin (so don't be jealous guys, I love you too). Grant is going to be a History Education major form Eastern Illinois and he's going to be AWESOME at it. Whenever we see someone in Costco or at church that we haven't seen in a while and they ask what Grant is doing and we tell them that they all say "Oh Grant will be just wonderful at that!!! Kids will actually be excited to go to his class!" I agree with them. He has also recently taken on a new title since Austin was born, Uncle G, which he will also be amazing at. Grant and I we really close when we were younger and still liked playing beanie babies and Alex was into teenager things. We had another chance to get closer again when Alex went to college and now that we are the only two left dependent on the parents (thanks mom and dad). I hope that it works out for us to both be home this summer because it could quite possibly be our last summer at home together. I'm on the verge of tears now that I just realized that! Ok, ok enough. Grant has been a wonderful big brother to me and a great friend. I am so excited to see how he grows up (even tho he will always be a kid at heart). God has amazing plans for him and I am so blessed by his joy for life, and his love for me and our whole family. Here are some pictures of Grant :)

1 comments:

  1. sandy's space said...:

    ok...you made me cry...love u all so much!

Post a Comment