Africa, Nalgene, Squirrel eating breadstick

Tuesday, February 15, 2011
MALAWI UPDATE! This week we found out from Karen, the lady who runs Circle of Hope, an idea of what we are going to be doing in Malawi. The idea she has for our team is essentially a back yard bible school. Each afternoon we would head out to a surrounding village. We would gather kids together, tell them about Jesus, play a game, and do a craft. The plans could still change but I really like this idea. After our team meeting Sunday night we just hung around in Noelle's apartment and talked about the trip. We asked Becca (who went last year) tons of questions and she was great at answering them. It was a great time of bonding and just getting to know each other better.


 On a totally different and random note. This is my water bottle. I love it. I carry it on my backpack everywhere I go like most of the granola kids here. It helps me stay awake when I want to fall asleep in class, and inspires me to drink water.
This is my splash guard. It makes me happy. So every time I take a sip this is what I see.
After my class that I used my Nalgene to stay awake in I stumbled upon this awkward scene. A squirrel eating a bread stick from Mario's. It was also not scared by the fact that I wanted to take its picture. It really liked that bread stick. I kept picturing it attacking me so I moved along and didn't see him finish the whole thing. Gross.

1 comments:

  1. Spill guards exist?!?! I had absolutely no idea.

    I think IWU has one fat squirrel. It eats everything and it's not afraid of anyone. It doesn't hibernate. It feeds on the fear of unsuspecting college students... and Marios.

Post a Comment