Verse for the year

Friday, January 20, 2012
Last year after a study in Sunday School during the summer the concept of abiding and the passage of John 15 really spoke to me. I continued to try and figure out what it looked like to abide and really focused on that area of my life. As a staff we were challenged to find a verse that we wanted or felt like God was leading us to for our verse of the year. Recently I have felt that God has been putting the word intimacy on my heart. I looked for a verse that would really speak that to me and I decided on John 17:21-23;

21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.  22 “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. 23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.- NLT
 

This is when Jesus is praying for his disciples. Praying that our relationship with the holy spirit would be like the relationship between Jesus and God....so to be as one. I think we as a culture totally under estimate the power of the holy spirit. It is better for us to have the holy spirit than to have Jesus as human walking on the earth. It seems crazy I think but Jesus said that. I want to experience perfect unity with God. So.... I am going to strive to know God more intimately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment