It's good to be back!

Friday, May 4, 2012
Summer is here. I am home. The sun is shinning. It feels like Summer out. I am oh so blessed. This past year has been incredible. Friendships have deepened. New friendships have formed. I was successful academically and learned a ton. I am for sure in the right major. I love the things that I am learning and I feel passionate about the projects/papers that I work on. I think that is a great sign!

You might be wondering what the heck are you doing this summer? Well... it was crazy how it all fell into place but it was such a God thing. He clearly laid it out just right.

This Summer I am living at home. I will be doing my communications internship at my church. I will be doing a mix of communication things as well as student ministries things. I am pumped. I think it will be extremely fun and I think I will learn lots. One of my best friends from home, Tom, will be alongside in that adventure.

I will also be taking two other courses online. I am going to tackle Fine Arts and Intro to Computing Concepts. Hopefully I can rock those.

I have big expectations for these next few months. I am excited to see the ways that God uses me/stretches me/teaches me.

Currently I am unpacking and getting settled back in my room. Tomorrow we drive down to EIU to watch Grant graduate! So exciting!

I best get back to unpacking. But I'll leave you with a few pictures of my recent events!
Here is my sweet Kimbo! Kim, Kendra, and myself went in on a storage unit. That way I didn't have to bring home my fridge or futon! 


RA's stay at school a week after the dorms "close" to close the dorms. Most afternoon's I had kool-aid on the porch with Nick and/or Grant.

During that week of just RA time each staff makes a music video. Here are some of our stud brother RA's all dressed up. Check out the video! We had a really great time making it. 
I said "see you later" to room 109. I will return to this same room next year. Kinda funny. However, Emily will not be my roommate. I have loved living with her this year. We laughed, we cried, and we danced..a lot. She was a blessing to me this year in more ways than she knows.

I had my first dinner at home sitting on the porch. For sure one of my favorite spots of the house. So relaxing and it encourages conversation after meals. I also picture myself working on my online classes from this spot. 
I found this poster while cleaning my room. It got a lot of facebook hype. Pretty funny to think that it was 6 years ago. 
This morning my dad took me out to breakfast at my favorite place. I love our daddy daughter dates. I am so thankful and blessed by his role in my life. 

1 comments:

  1. Kimberly said...:

    you love porches. and i love you! miss you tons already paige. come visit. don't worry, i got directions for you.

    http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=St.+Charles,+IL&daddr=Lawrence,+KS&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=45.284089,91.494141&geocode=FamhfwIdo3m8-il3vK8aex4PiDGiGenL_nkVYQ%3BFRWpUgIdTtNS-imDmEfOx0C_hzEuq3gE1RMXFQ&oq=law&t=h&mra=ls&z=7

Post a Comment