Let's see

Sunday, May 20, 2012
Let's see if I can still do this. I hope you know that I pick such random blog titles. I just suddenly had a wave of inspiration. Oh wait...now I realize that is happening. It is summer...yet I am still avoiding homework. I am taking fine arts online. Which is a great idea...but I still have homework. So there is still that little thing to be avoided.

Anyways so far it still feels like summer has not really started and yet it also feels like it is going to be over really soon. Haha clearly I am confused. The weather has been awesome though. I am thankful for that. I am getting a little sick so I am drinking water like I am being paid. Speaking of being paid. I have no idea how much money I have. I never look. It is a blessing and a problem I think. Maybe I will look into that after this.

This past semester I was inspired by a book I read in one of my classes to avoid mindless TV watching. My summer goal has been to not sit down in front of the TV and just zone out. I can only watch recorded shows or shows that I have scheduled into watching. So far it has worked out well. I have been reading a good amount.

When is it going to start feeling like summer?

I hate adjusting to a new schedule. I really don't like it. Nope. Not really. I know pretty soon I will be adjusted to it and then in the fall I will miss this schedule. It's all so weird how that works. This whole blog post is just weird..it's like "whatever whenever". Do other families have that? When mom is not cooking dinner we call it whenever whatever. You can eat dinner whenever you want to and you can have whatever. That's what this blog is. I am now going to be sappy and tell you about the things that I miss right now.

Overall I miss IWU.
I miss my room. I miss my quiet time on my futon. I miss the way my clothes were organized in that room. I miss bike rides with Kim and dinner with her to follow. I miss sitting at the desk with her. I miss being on duty. I miss North Hall. I miss my one on ones. I miss my staff. I miss dancing. I miss covenant and business meeting. I miss chapel. I miss baldwin hahaha for the community and not doing dishes. Heck i miss the peanut butter. I miss not paying for coffee and using points for my afternoon iced coffee from McConn. I miss not having to drive to see my friends.

It's all the little things. Am I happy now? Yes. I am. I don't mean to sound depressing. That is not my intentions. I am happy now. I am happy at home. But it is still an adjustment. I am tired. It has made me realize how much of a community I developed this past year. I am so thankful.

To end I am going to reflect on things I love about being home.
I love having such awesome places to run and bike and running and biking with my dad and brother. I love long family dinners on the deck. I love sitting on the deck and reading. I love the way the house feels on a hot morning. I love learning and I am learning a lot. I love building relationships and I am building a lot. I love bonfires. I love my community here. I love all the fruit. I love the possibilities of summer. I love having my coffee on the deck.

It's all just weird. But it's my blog. I can vent if I want to.

1 comments:

  1. Kimberly said...:

    "I love all the fruit." oh paige, you bring a smile to my face. and i miss you too. i am ashamed to admit that i have not gone on a bike ride since we had our last date. come motivate me please.

Post a Comment