It feels like Prom weekend

Sunday, November 13, 2011
It feels like prom or (insert busy/fun event here) weekend. It was/is family weekend at IWU. This started with my parents arriving Friday afternoon to take me and a few friends out to dinner. We went to UpperCrust Pizza. Always a win. It was 11/11/11. We spend the evening sitting around the fire place in North Hall talking and talking and talking. My parents retired to their hotel but Kendra, Moe, Grant and myself stayed by the fire and continued to talk. We celebrated 11:11 11/11/11 by going to get ice cream. We didn't realize how many things are closed at 11 but it was a success anyways.
I woke up early to go on a morning jog with my Dad. It was fun getting to show him my usual route.

We then participated in the Family Service Project with the Rays. We have been to enough camp clean up service projects that we knew exactly what job we wanted. We were on team fence. We took down a chain link fence at the front of the camp. It was great from my point of view. We had lunch at the camp finished the fence and started to leave to go back to IWU.

As we were walking to the car I saw a family walking our way. It was from what I could see a Dad, a Mom, and a baby. As we got closer I started to think...that Dad, Mom, and baby look like people I know.......I do know them!!!!! It was Alex, Ayla, and Austin! I then started saying "No Way!" over and over. I was so surprised! It was so out of context and I had no clue that they were coming. I then started to cry. I was so amazed that they had driven all that way and that I could finally share that piece of my life with them. I was in a surreal state as we drove back to campus.


 We then toured IWU and it was nicely peppered with them meeting important people in my life. The wonderful visit concluded and they drove on to Afton and Jimmys and we went to the family banquet with all the food Baldwin is capable of making but never does, and with an Improv show. Then we drove up to the Ray's house in Warsaw a little over an hour away. We stayed here last night and went to church with them this morning. It was a good weekend of Oler/Ray time which is always needed. Mrs. Ray has been a saint in letting my do laundry and helping with that, and cooking amazing food. I feel like I am on such a retreat. My parents headed back home this afternoon but I am still here. Tonight I will sleep on a sleep number bed and Matt and I will head back to school tomorrow morning for our scheduled 10 o' clock events. So Family Weekend lives on with the Rays (they are family as family gets as far as I'm concerned).

0 comments:

Post a Comment