Thanksgiving Break

Friday, November 25, 2011

Driving home after a wonderful time with our staff. We had so much fun the night after all the residents were gone before we went home to our families. I have been so blessed by every girl on my staff this year and for that I am very thankful. I am also so grateful for the opportunity to serve these amazing freshman women. God has shown up in more ways that I had ever imagined.


Emily and I stopped at McDonald's because we couldn't find Wendy's....sad. It was tricky. But it was one of those days where McDonald's sounds good and it really was good. We also had great conversation and before we even went in I realized the need for an instagram picture. We were also wearing matching sunglasses. Duh. We left Gilbert in the car...he was pissed. (He's the fish). I am so thankful for the relationship that Emily and I have built. I am so blessed by her wisdom, joy and her love. We have a great time together.

I love this place. So wonderful to drive up to! However, the best part is the people inside. Duh. I am so incredibly thankful for our home. A place filled with wonderful memories and the things of life that we take for granted. Running water...clean water for that matter. Beds...enough for everyone and then some. A roof...that keeps the rain and snow out. Great siding that not only keeps the critters out but the elements as well. Heat....the list could go on forever.

This year my Dad and Grant (Waldo) joined me in running the Fox and Turkey 4 mile. It was so nice to have them there. Running has really become a family thing which is cool. Mom is wonderful and holds the coats and takes the pictures and cheers us on. For that we are all thankful. Alex even ran a 10k in NM. I am thankful for a healthy body that can run. I am also thankful that my parents encourage healthy traditions and motivate us to stay healthy and live active lifestyles.

What a feast! It was a nice reward after the run. Lots of laughs. My mom's cousin Bruce and my second cousin Lauren came and ate with us. My Grandma is also here for the weekend. We missed Alex and Ayla but I guess Alex is coming here tomorrow night? News to me.

I am blessed beyond belief. I want to live day to day giving thanks to my God and Savior and I hope that it pours out of my heart. Not just for a day. But a day focused on it is great.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Paige i miss you and i love reading your blog! I cannot wait to catch up over winter break!!!!

Post a Comment