How did this happen?

Saturday, November 24, 2012
I have no clue how it is already Thanksgiving break. But it is. So I have had to face that and move right along into it. This break is a little frightening...mostly because I go back to school and get on top of a really steep slide and can hardly find traction as a slide down to finals and the end of the semester. It will be vital that I remember to laugh and not take myself too seriously.

Anyways. Here are some break highlights so far.
I ran the 4 mile Fox and Turkey race with my dad and brothers. This was my third year. My race numer was 1229 and I always like to find a verse that goes along with that number to meditate on while I run. This year I picked Hebrews 12:29 which is pictured above. It was such a beautiful section of scripture to think about and what a perk that it talked about thankfulness!

I've gotten to hang out with this little guy! His giggle is unreal! He has such a big vocabulary now. It's hard to just not constantly hug and kiss him. Seriously. Look at that face. I am one lucky aunt. I feel for all those aunts with ugly nephews. It must be a hard job.
So maybe I got a little crafty. My black friday experience was filled with repurposing. I went to goodwill and found some incredible things. Two of those would be 1/4 zips which are just my heart song. The pj pants pictured above were a gift from my life coach and mentor Susy. She had bought them at goodwill and they were too short for her so she regifted them to me. They were also too short for me but I was not going to let that stop me from loving them. They are so adorable. Randomly this summer I saw a tutorial of how to make an infinity scarf. I then saw those pants and wondered if I could make it happen with them. I then googled 'how to make an infinity scarf out of pj pants'. Don't worry there is a tutorial for that. So I took it upon myself to tackle it over this break. I had wonderful support and encouragement from my mom and sister-in-law during the process. I was doing laundry, drinking tea, and sewing. Talk about being domestic. I am so in love with the result! 



2 comments:

  1. Kimberly said...:

    hahahhahaha the ugly nephew epidemic is just a hard thing to deal with.

  1. That verse is Biblegateway's verse of the day.

Post a Comment