Sometimes...

Thursday, November 8, 2012
Sometimes they rip down your dream house on the week of your birthday.
Sometimes you can't be what you want to be.
Sometimes you can't be everything to everyone.
Sometimes you need a vacation in the middle of the day.
Sometimes the red cups from Starbucks just get you excited.
Sometimes the semester seems to have flown by.
Sometimes you just need to go to bed so you dont lose your mind.
Sometimes you buy Ghost Juice (sparkling grape juice) because it is on sale.
Sometimes you try too hard to figure out things too far in the future.
Sometimes you look at the waves for too long that everything looks like its moving.
Sometimes you need to apologize.
Sometimes you have to fight to be here now for such a time as this.
Sometimes you need to turn up the music and rest.
Sometimes you just need to remind yourself to rest.
Sometimes you need multiple temporary tattoos.
Sometimes you have to say no in areas you usually wouldn't and yes in areas you usually dont.


Always I need more Jesus. Always I need to remind myself of what He did on the cross. Always I need to reflect on the ways He has been faithful. Always I need to trust that He knows exactly what He is doing in every area of my life. Always I need to give him control. Always I need to surrender my intentions, plans, ideas to Him who is able. Always I need to remind myself that He has creatively designed me and His power is made so great in my weakness. Always I need to rejoice for the grace that is provided to me each day. 


2 comments:

  1. Emily Larson said...:

    This is good my friend.

  1. "Sometimes you need multiple temporary tattoos."
    yeah you do. good post.
    love yaaaa.

Post a Comment