EIU

Friday, April 8, 2011
This past weekend I had the wonderful opportunity of visiting Eastern Illinois University. This will be my brother Grants last semester at EIU. This year he has been living with 7 guys in a house. I realized I had never really visited Grant at college. I had visited Alex at EIU but it was Grants turn! I wanted to see Eastern again and meet his roommates who play a huge role in his life etc. It also worked out since my friend Bailey who I have known forever goes to EIU and my friend Matt goes to school not too far away so I could see all of those important people in my life in one weekend! I was really excited to have the experience of being a college aged student on a secular campus since all I'd known this year has been IWU.

I was a little concerned because none of these 3 people really knew each other well....if at all. The common denominator was me! For some reason I've always been the person that tries to mix friends and friend groups haha I guess its just my thing. Anyways, I left school friday early afternoon and drove to EIU. It was a fun drive because it was a stretch of 70 that I dont think i've ever seen before. I got to Grants and he showed me around his house and then his school. Everything seemed so big! Later in the afternoon Matt joined us and that evening Matt and I went to go meet up with Bailey and her friends. It was fun to meet Baileys friends and make sure they were good ones. ;) 

The rest of the weekend was spent watching movies, playing ligretto, eating, running, talking, studding a little, etc. Sunday morning we all went to the Christian Campus House church service. I have such respect for Christians who live out their faith on secular campuses. It is so difficult and I have so much admiration for those who truly do.

Grant and I in front of his house with a pink door.


Matt and I again outside the house with the pink door.


I am so glad that the visit worked out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment