World Changers Day

Monday, April 4, 2011
Here at IWU the day of the World Changers Convocation is like a Holiday. Some classes were canceled, some were let out early. It's kind of a big deal. Instead of having two chapel times there is only one. This year the inductee was S. Truett Cathy, the founder of Chick-fil-a. In the weeks prior to his arrival conversations about how awesome it would be to have a Chick-fil-a on campus were everywhere. Seeing as how Chick-fil-a is a Christian organization we just thought it would be a perfect match.

The morning of the World Changers convocation I was on facebook and saw an article a friend posted on another friends wall. It was an article from our school news paper that said IWU is getting a Chick-fil-a! I didn't believe it at first. However, I was pretty sure that it wasn't yet commonly known around campus. We get to 10 o clock chapel and the place is buzzing. It's exciting when the whole student body is in the chapel at once. Wonderful things were said about Truett Cathy and he spoke for a while. I was awkwardly almost brought to tears a few times. I have no idea why. President Smith had the honors of announcing that just that week it had become official that IWU was getting a chick-fil-a in wildcat!!! The place went crazy!!! I am excited for the time in the future when I will be able to say "I remember the day we all found out we were getting a Chick-fil-a." haha we got coupons too for free chicken sandwiches. Luckily I was sitting with my friend who is a vegetarian so I got hers too!

I was at Eastern Illinois University last weekend and I saw a picture of Truett Cathy at their Chick-fil-a... I feel like I know him hahaha I feel like he is my Grandpa or something hahaha super weird I know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment