This place about to blow

Wednesday, August 31, 2011
This right now is the calm before the storm. Training has gotten a little less intense. I actually got to sleep in again! We are now mostly working on plans for the first night the freshman are here (Friday). This morning we are going to pray over all the rooms. Monday a bunch of awesome people moved in. All the people serving as mentors on west side, all the McConn workers, all the desk workers etc. That included my dear friend Kim! We had a beautiful reuniting of sprinting down the hallway into each others arms.

So the events right now are more relaxed. However, I know this won't last. Some freshman move in this afternoon because they have not registered for classes yet. Friday the masses arrive. It's gonna get crazy. I have adjusted to this new norm. It seems normal that we have 9 people living in one whole dorm. We can be crazy, quiet hours don't apply yet, we all just eat together...its simple. Don't get me wrong I am totally excited for the residents to get here. It just seems surreal. Sunday I am sneaking away (with approval of my boss) to go to a wedding in Indianapolis! I will get to see my whole family (both my brothers are in the wedding). Kevin and Jessie (the bride and groom) are adorable and I am so excited for them! This weekend will take the strength of someone else to get me through it! Tuesday school starts...I guess they actually expect me to take classes while I'm here?
 This is Kevin and Jessie with baby Austin who is their Godson!

1 comments:

  1. classes, psh- who needs 'em!?

Post a Comment