In Honor of Grandma Oler

Saturday, March 12, 2011
My Grandma Oler was the greatest cook ever. There is even a facebook group dedicated to her wonderful cooking. When I get home from school I love having access to my kitchen (however, my mom will tell you that I slack on the dishes). I love to cook because I love to make people happy...so the things I cook are not always the healthiest but they usually taste pretty good. This break I made this strawberry pizza with a few kiwi's. It was the first time I had tried to make it and it turned out pretty good. This was a special treat my Grandma Oler would make. I found the recipe in the Oler Family Cook book.

This is blueberry coffee cake. This is my second attempt, first totally solo attempt at creating this master piece that Grandma perfected. I have such fond memories of waking up at her farm and sitting around the kitchen table with Grandma eating blueberry coffee cake. It is also a favorite of Grant and Alex.
This is bacon...haha I didn't make it, the pig did but my mom cooked it, I watched and ate. I love bacon, so I figured it should go in my blog as well. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment