March Madness

Wednesday, March 16, 2011
March is full of Madness for many different reasons. The weather can be terrible one day and wonderful the next. Spring breaks are all over the place. Its the middle of the semester, so theres lots to be done. You feel so ready for summer you think you will go mad...

But most importantly ;) the NCAA Tournament. My dear sweet competitive family (family moto: what do we get for winning?) holds a tournament challenge each year on ESPN.com. I've been filling out a bracket as long as I can remember. This year we have another lady joining the challenge! Ayla Oler will be competing in her first NCAA tournament challenge as an Oler! Rumor has it that it is also her second time even filling out a bracket. Welcome to the crazy game Ayla! :)

Note: This is an example of a bracket...not mine.

I find it interesting to see how my decision making has changed through out the years. I remember one year I was sick and my Dad kindly read my the names (maybe I was so young I couldn't read) of the teams and told me to pick one (Thanks Dad!). I think that year I picked by what team had my favorite mascot. I would assume I had a lot of upsets that year. I remember a few years where I picked by favorite team colors. I've picked by coolest names. That year I had Gonzaga winning I think, and Wake Forest going a long way. I've also picked by coolest location. UCLA and UNC did great that year on my bracket. As I got older and started looking at colleges I picked by colleges I was interested in, I put University of Kentucky (my 2nd choice school) to win it all. This year I thought about all the people I know and where they go to school. Do I have a friend there? If so, yes they win. haha silly. I have Florida winning it all because they have a high number (2) and a girl I know from High School runs Cross Country for Florida. We will see how it turns out!

Im going to end this post with a question. Its not hypothetical...I want a response...so please respond so I dont feel silly.

Do you fill out a bracket? If so, how do you pick your teams?

3 comments:

  1. sandy's space said...:

    YES I fill out a bracket and I always have Purdue winning when they are in the tournament because I can't plan to root against my alma mater. I'm so excited this year that Olermom2 has joined the game!

  1. Kathleen said...:

    Yes, I do fill out a bracket. How do I pick the teams? Ranking and history - really random mostly as I haven't kept up on the schedules and games this year very well ... Not doing too badly in the first round so far.

  1. sandy's space said...:

    so, evidently the strategy of selecting teams by if you know people at that school works out. You are in the 94% now on ESPN's site. Amazing

Post a Comment